Monday, August 15, 2011

a post about guy friends.


my brother once told me that guys and girls were never meant to be friends, only when they were couples said thing could happen. i mocked him and told him he was overreacting.

a few years later, i have come to the conclusion that he wasn't exaggerating. guys have proved me that they won't be your friend if you're not single. that happened many times with me, and they always made me feel like crap for thinking my friendship wasn't worth anything to these guys, but now i see the problem isn't me.

true friends will be there for you if you're single or you're not.

more than once i've met guys, became friends with them and when they found out i wasn't single, they told me that they weren't looking for friendship only.

what the heck, dude! you're only going to be friends with people that are not committed to someone? when did they invent that rule? sounds crazy to me, because friends are never too much, so what's the point of stop talking with someone JUST because they're not on the market anymore?

geez i will never understand. what happened with the old type of friendship? that didn't matter relationship status, but only the things you had in common?

 i guess my only guy friends will be my boyfriend's mates and i should accept that already lol.

now, question. did you ever lose a guy friend because you weren't single?

enlighten me, please.


5 comments:

Malin said...

Hmm, I actually have a completely different experience of this. I got most of my guy friends when I was in a relationship; they're amazing & I love them to bits. And now, even my date wants to be friends with me. (That was a bit of a bummer though!!)

I don't think you should accept guy-friend-defeat! There will be an amazing guy friend out there or you, just you wait :P

ktpland said...

I've got more bloke friends than girls. I made most of them when I was at uni & I was still single then but none of them ever wanted anything more than friendship. Even my best friend is a guy. A lot of the blokes I'm friends with now are through Adam & they're ace too.

It's great having both guys & girls as friends cos they offer such different advice & it means one of then is bound to give you the answer you want! :P you'll find some ace male mates at some point, but in the meantime enjoy sharing your blokes! x

Bela said...

Well, sometimes it happens when we r sexy LOL.Boys have a second intention...
In reality, I think that is hard to find a real friend, because friendship is like a marriage. Friends have to show respect for each other's opinion, and also should love the relationship just the way it is.

Stephanie said...

Thanks for heading over to my blog, just caught up on yours and I am following you right back. I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Penelopie said...

Hey! Just stopping by to check out your blog. The design is really cute and your not that far from me!! Since I'm in Texas, only New Mexico separates us :) I'm looking forward to keeping up with you.